Trying to set my bypass radiator up advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ello help!!

1,I have a worcester 28i when seting the bypass radiator up so i get an 20c temp diff across the flow an return do i have to put the boiler on chiminey sweep mode (maximum burn) or just have the blr stat set to max?

I seem to be getting 29c temp diffs when on chiminey sweep but when just set to max its about 19c

also say if i do set the rad up with a 20c drop over it does that mean il get 20c across the flow an return at the boiler?

am i right in thinking that when balencing a system you turn all rads off except for the one nearest to the boiler then set that one up with a temp diff of 20c, then leave that one open go to the next one do same again until the hole system is done an you end up with 20c across the flow an return?

thanks in advance :confused:

Sponsored Links
i fitted this boiler myself 2 years ago an its making a hell of a noise from the heat engine can any one help!!!

When balancing, you turn all lockshields off, Then you open the nearest radiator 1/4 of a turn, then the next one along 1/2 a turn, then the next one 3/4, so the heat is balanced across the system and your rads furthest from the boiler are cold because all the closer ones are hogging the hot water.

Thats just an example, you may not turn it in quarters, just depends on the lockshields and how many rads there are.

As for DIY gas, tut tut.

Sponsored Links
Bin the thermometer, if you set one rad to get those temp diffs by the time you do the rest the first one will be out. Do it as john506 said, but either way its a bit trial and error.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back