Tubular heater for airing cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning my new house which will be very well insulated, including the DHW cylinder.

We want an airing cupboard so I am thinking about putting a small electric tubular heater in there. Is there any sort of standard size for use in an airing cupboard (I see that TLC have a range from 60w to 360w) or am I better off going for a larger size and sticking it on a thermostat?

Thanks
AA

Sponsored Links
Quite honestly, you would be better off having the plumber put a small towel rad in there with a TRV on it.

If you put in a tubular heater then you'll need a guard and probably a timer that you'll need to reset every so often.

Thanks for the suggestions chaps. I am reluctant to stick a radiator in for a couple of reasons. Firstly, there will be good chunks of the year when the heating isn't on and secondly, it will be UFH so the water temperature won't be that high.

Sponsored Links
is it a combi boiler or will you have a cylinder?

why do you need it so hot in an airing cupboard?
just fit a 60W lamp and leave it on.. should be warm enough.. :)

also the towel rad can be fitted with an electric element for use in the summer months when the rads are off..

It will be a cylinder
then you can run the rad off the primary circuit to the cyl. A TRV will prevent it getting too hot, and you can turn it down when not needed. Turn the lockshield well down to prevent it stealing much flow from the cyl. so it works even when the rads are off. It is quite common for a bathroom towel-warmer to be done that way. Or you can run it off the primary flow upstream of the 3-port valve, so it will work when either heating or HW is on, or both. I have a bathroom rad set up like that, it is not very uncommon.

icon_thanks.gif

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back