Tumble dryer internal wiring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted this in the wrong place so I am posting again here:

I've and Indesit IDCE8450BH that has ceased to work. I have a live supply reaching the anti-interference suppressor and of the two brown wires coming out, a live on one of them but not the other. Where do these two wires go to? Should they both be live? This could be the cause of my problems?

I am struggling to find a wiring diagram for the appliance.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I posted this in the wrong place so I am posting again here:

I've and Indesit IDCE8450BH that has ceased to work. I have a live supply reaching the anti-interference suppressor and of the two brown wires coming out, a live on one of them but not the other. Where do these two wires go to? Should they both be live? This could be the cause of my problems?

I am struggling to find a wiring diagram for the appliance.

Thanks

As above, use a multimeter. If I'm understanding what you wrote - live (brown) is live, but the neutral (blue) tests as not live. That is correct and what I would expect.

That unit appears to be a current model, with a ten year parts guarantee - maybe get the manufacturer to take a look?

No. There are two brown wires coming off the back off the suppressor within the same connecting block. They go down inside the machine to another block, together, on to the back of I assume a control unit / pcb etc. I haven't removed this to see what behind or what it could be connecting to.

Re being under 10yr parts; yes Hotpoint will come and have a look but at £150 for the privilege. I've since bought a new replacement machine instead. Just trying to get the old one working before instead putting in the tip.

Sponsored Links
Overheat switch is most common failure on tumble dryers , I assume you eliminated all other causes of failure?

Overheat switch is most common failure on tumble dryers , I assume you eliminated all other causes of failure?

An overheat switch, should not cut the rest of the dryer off, only the heating element section.

The OP needs to be more specific about what the issue is and its symptoms.

An overheat switch, should not cut the rest of the dryer off, only the heating element section.

The OP needs to be more specific about what the issue is and its symptoms.
Thanks everyone for your input. However, I am not asking on here why it has failed. I am merely asking if anyone knows what the two brown wires within the same connecting block/s are for. Do they both go to the same place and the one is simply a 'spare'? I seem unable to get hold of a wiring diagram from anywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back