Tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just wondered if it would be safe to place a vented tumble dryer (the hose comes out the front of door) under a combi boiler, in an outside cupboard?

I'm tight on space & just want to know if I can do this (would run the hose outside when in use)? I live in a flat & the front door opens to a covered over-head porch, & the cupboard which contains the boiler (was originally a coal shed) is on the left as you walk out the front door. Just had the idea if doing this, whilst trying to figure out how I'm going to fit 4 appliances in a kitchen with only 3 spaces for such things!? So now I'm trying to find out if this is be a viable solution (so wouldn't damage the boiler & would be safe)!?

I've read that this would not be safe for a condenser tumble dryer but I'm wondering if, because I can direct the ventilation hose outside, this makes a difference or does a lot of condensation still escape from other parts (doesn't all go out via the hose) of a vented tumble dryer?

Thanks for taking the time to read this & if you can help I'd be very grateful!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back