Tumble dryer leaking a lot of water into ventilation hose

R

RhysJames2008

Hi there,
Recently, the ventilation hose got damaged on my White Knight tumble dryer so I replaced it.
Since the replacement, a lot of water has been collecting inside the hose but the installation of the hose is exactly how it should be so I dont understand what is causing this.
The washing still dries and does not take longer than it should but im quite worried in using it as the motor is right next to where some water is collecting at the bottom of the dryer.
Can anybody shed any light on this?

Kindest Regards
Rhys James

Sponsored Links
how long is the hose !!!

how cold is the room !!!

does the hose run uphill from the machine!!!

are all the vents pipes louvers and filters clear

Thanks for the reply, I thought nobody cared ={
The hose is a 3m hose but its only extended to about 1.5 - 2m.
The room is actually very cold because its an old, single pane glass conservatory, but ive never had this problem before fitting the new hose.
The hose comes out of the bottom of the dryer and vertically upwards about 80cm to the window.
The water sits in the hose weighing it down and it has to be drained out from time to time.

it is most likely condensation caused by the hose being cold

I have not experienced this myself :confused:

as Big-All suggests, look for any obstruction in airflow, especially fluff in the grille.

With an extractor fan duct, I'd suggest flopping loft insulation over it

I suppose you could use the stuff with a plastic sleeve round it.

Sponsored Links
Okay thanks for the help, I guess it could be down to the cold room because the conservatory has been known to get to below zero degrees celsius. Ill try moving it to a warmer room and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks guys.

if the hose is identical in all respects then its just coincidence or something else disturbed whilst fitting causing restricted flow!!!

maybe the hose a different plastic with less insular qualitys!!!

maybe the hose is more compressed than the last hose where it goes through the window !!!

maybe the lourves on the end work in a different way restricting airflow!!!

perhaps the old hose had more hose hanging out the window avoiding the wind effecting airflow out!!!

whatever it is is effecting the propper operation

how long does it take to collect say 100ml of water!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back