Turboair Teramo cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

hope this is in the correct place, i have been given a Turboair Teramo cooker hood but unfortunately its designed for outside extraction. As we are new in the council house i am not allowed to vent it through the wall for the first year. Would i be able to use it as a recirculation hood if i simply put a sheet of charcoal behind the aluminium grease filters?

or does anyone know of any other way to convert a vented hood to a recirculation hood?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do as you wish, but I think you will be disappointed with the results, recirculating hoods are known to be extremely inefficient. I'm surprised the council will not let you fit an external vent as I seem to recall it is a requirement of part L building regs to have a means of external forced ventilation in kitchens these days, may be worth speaking to their building control dept.

After the first year I'm guessing it will be ok but for the first year it is a introduction tenancy and so we are not ment to make alterations. I will put a letter of request in though as if I don't ask I won't know for sure.

I have also just taken the hood apart and there is in fact charcoal filters connected to the fan so all I need to do is source some replacements as don't know when they was last changed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back