TURBOmax VUW282

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI WE have turbomax vuw282,its been in 14 years,serviced every year by ex gas board heating engineer,absolutely no bother till now we have a strange problem that no one we know has come across,the boiler,ch, dhw,all works fine untill later in the day,,,,then it starts ,the room stat clicks,boiler fires up ok,after it been running a while but before the house has warmed up it switches of,then fires up straight away,immediatley cuts out then fires up again,it keeps doing this until i switch it off,,,,leave it half an hour,switch on and it runs normally for @ 1 hour or so then does it again,switch of for a while ,back on ok for an hour?????.NOW when it keeps firing the fan led is not light,however the fan is working when you turn the hw tap on,turn oftap,let boiler cool ch fires up again...both my pal the ch engineer and myself are lost,hes never come across it before....when the boiler works its fine no bother at all,absolutely no bother with dhw at all,only when ch has been on all day.my wife has ms ,has poor mobility so cant move swiftly to keep warm,i was wondering if anyone has had similar problems+ever found a cure,help,feedback would be much appreciated be fore i take steps towards a new boiler thanks dave

Sponsored Links
Dave has now said:-

I submitted a post asking if anyone could help with advice on my turbo 282,i described how the central heating fired up but went straight off ,i had a heating engineer to look at it he decides a new circuit board is required,he fitted one,£145 phew,he hadnt got to the top of the road when the boiler goes of,ring him up sorry sez he i dunno whats up with it,,,cheers mate.WE persevere with then get another chap[hes got all the qualifications ect] has an hour at it hmm ill have to get an electritian ,ill ring my son,son turns out ah ha sez he the time clocks faulty,he disconnects it and bridges it ,there you go but you wont have a timer ,ok sez i we never use it with being retired says i,,another £85 ,it runs about an hour.BYnow its chrismas eve still no ch fantastic!!!.AS i said before my wife is disabled so gets very cold,i gets the service sheets out that come with the boiler follow the troubleshooting guide,it says its the N T C sensor,of to plumbcentre to buy one £17,ok says the wife who are you going to get to fit it ,,,,,me sez i theyare getting no more money of me because they dont know what they are doing,so took the boiler covers of had a look round and see,s the dhw micro switch is covered with limescale and corrosion,power off,rake limescale of ,blow switch of,wash with switch cleaner,check switch clear and working,power on lo and behold its working fine now.....i,de just like to thank every one who posted on here to help..........it just goes to show if your boiler packs up get a crane driver in to fix it cheers NOT ,,,dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back