Vaillant VCW BG 221 H BF, central heating is temperamental

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all
Our Vaillant VCW BG 221 H BF boiler is 15 years old and has been working perfect until recently. The Domestic Hot Water (DHW) is still working o.k but the Central Heating (CH) is very temperamental.
When there is a call for central heating is made the boiler fires o.k in the first instance until the CH temperature reaches the presetting level via the CH thermostat, then the flame of the main burner goes off (the pilot stays on) as expected. At this stage, it carries on working sometimes as long as the there is a demand for CH, and it stops other times, i.e the boiler does not fire despite the fact that we can hear the pump running.
When it gets into this mode we always cancel the demand for CH and recall it again straight away the boiler fires up as normal.
The boiler fires at all time when there is a demand for DHW.
Any idea please

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would start with a service. Not a duster job but a proper service.

DP,
Thanks for the reply
What does “proper service include”? to my knowledge the boiler has never been serviced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back