Vaillant VCW 221 H no CH. DHW fine

Sponsored Links
When you say inlet valve do you mean the regulator with the red & white control knob ?
The valve I've just purchased off ebay is the 011156 and not the 011299 .
The original valve is a 011299 with the external regulator and the mini expansion vessel , but the regulator stopped working about 15 years ago - it's been locked solid in the fully open position I think all that time .
Please tell me the 011156 is compatible even though it doesn't have the external flow reg' - a Vaillant parts dealer told me it is compatible.

Yes it will fit ok no problem. the existing one had the flow reg on the front, the one you have bought doesnt. This means the water will flow through full tilt and wont get hot, you can buy that flow limiter i suggested or adjust on the grey inlet cold water valve but that is very hit and miss

Sponsored Links
The grey inlet valve to the cold water supply also stopped working donkeys years ago !! The grey knob is missing.
That's also been in a fixed position all this time but the hot water has always worked well until the recent problem.
Shall I give it a try without the flow limiter first and see how it works or not ?
Stupid question time now probably but here goes - can I adjust the flow limiter you're suggesting after I've reassembled everything ? It looks like an internal bit of kit !

AGAS, i had every intention of getting a new valve, even before bunny told me to, but i'd already purchased the diaphragm for 7 quid and it wasn't a huge job just to give it a go. I enjoyed doing it tbh.
Apologies to bunny if it came across as if i wasn't listening.

Last edited:
Its a plastic limiter with a preset flow rate , it just sits in the right hand pipe indtead of the fibre washer , u dont have to disassemble your new valve ,

Sorry I meant take the water valve off to adjust not split the water valve in half.. If it's preset that sounds great and easy to fit then.
Thanks for your help - much appreciated bunny

Tried to get the flow limiter from Sterling in Wellingborough but was told it's obsolete now.
Parcel arrived today so fitted the new valve & servo and opened the stop cock only half way and it all works a treat - better than it has done for a long time. Got there in the end and delighted with it now.
Will still try and get the flow limiter from the supplier in the link Bunny provided.
Thanks again to all who gave advice. Bunny if you ever need any help with woodwork related issues, or you need some timber etc , get in touch and i'll help you out, as I have a small joinery business in Wellingborough.

Last edited:
Nice little one like I made earlier !!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 252
nice work ,he would be happy with that, wow i'll say thank you from the bunny , o my god not many generous people like you about (y):mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back