TurbomaxPlus 824e Mech Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, been awhile,
I have checked some of the links but cant get a definative answer, if one exists, so please excuse a possibly un-inspiring thread.
I have a Plus 824e with a mech timeclock which periodically comes on when it shouldn't, doesn't when it should.
As its an analogue is it likely to be the timer or could it be the pcb i.e which is more likely. Like most of us in these times of austerity (God Bless the Chancellor) money plays its' part so have turned to you guys for a bit of guidance
Any help, as ever, much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Being mechanical then its most likely to have failed.

I can usually hear when I rotate the dial if thre contacts seem to be operating correctly.

There is little on your boiler to cause it to come on when not wanted.

You could remove the timeclock and see what the boilere does then if you dare.

Tony

Cheers Agile

It does sound as if the tappets are 'missing' so I was leaning towards the clock (so was my wallet) but you know how these things escalate and none of us can afford to throw money away.

I got a quote of about £50 from my lpm but they reckon they're as rare as hens teeth and I could wait awhile. Whats fitting these like and can you get just the 'clock' part, which may be the best way forward (or do you think that's what i've been quoted for anyway?)

Sponsored Links
On my Grans Turbomax you can just gently lever out the Timeswitch and plug a new one in. It's a 10 year old one with a Timeswitch 110.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back