Turned off hot feed but hot tap runs when cold top turned on

G

gcltd

Hi, I have a query I hope you can help with. In our bathroom I have a dripping isolator valve for the hot water so in order to exchange it I've turned off the feed to the hot water tank and ran the tap dry but the isolator is still dripping and when I run the cold in the bathroom sink the open bath hot tap starts to run? I don't want to undo the insolator if the pipe is full and flowing still? Any tips appreciated.

Sponsored Links
it will probably drip until it runs completely dry, which could take forever

The water out the tap when you run the cold is probably because its a mixer tap and its back feeding.

Where is it dripping from? If its dripping from the compression nut then it might just need a 'nip' up with a spanner.

Sponsored Links
If you have turned off the feed to the hot water cylinder and have run the hot tap dry, then you can safely work on the isolation valve. You will still get some water in the pipe work which you can drain into a container. remove the tap side pipe work first, then carefully open the isolator allowing any water to go into container. then replace. Don't open any other taps whilst you are doing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back