Turning socket on/off with wall light switch

Sponsored Links
In this day and age I get sick of everything being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.
And yet here you are with a concern that having a socket on a lighting circuit is not dumbed-down enough for the sort of person who doesn't check for dead...

But they then switch the lights mcb back on and wonder why the socket blew it, so turn off the socket mcb, open socket, get a belt.

A lot of the plug-in stuff isn't 0.75mm^2 and can be (usually is) daisy-chained so far that I think it really wants the 3A fuse supplied with it rather than 6A. IKEA sells gear that isn't suitable for connecting to a 6A circuit, for example.

Something to check anyhow, and very easily fixed with a fused round-pin plug if needs be.

Sponsored Links
And yet here you are with a concern that having a socket on a lighting circuit is not dumbed-down enough for the sort of person who doesn't check for dead...

But they then switch the lights mcb back on and wonder why the socket blew it, so turn off the socket mcb, open socket, get a belt.
Actually. Nah. I can't be bothered getting in a spat with you. I must remember to cross my 'eyes' and dot my 'tees' when replying. Nine years on from me first joining this forum and nothing changes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back