adding 2nd switch for kitchen cabinet light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have LED strip under-cabinet light that is spurred off from socket. It's a hardwire type and has a low voltage transformer, its switch is also under wall unit.

I am running a new cable to consumer unit for another light I am adding to kitchen island using looped in at switch method, and I would like to add a 2nd switch for under-cabinet light at the location where new the island light switch at.

I will run a 3C+E cable from original LED light switch to new island light switch, obviously I will have to buy change original switch to 2 way too, but just want to double check if anything should be different given they are LED light and has a transformer?

Sponsored Links
First is the under cabinet switch for the LED strip on the mains side or the extra low voltage side of the power supply (not transformer)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back