Kitchen plinth lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend plinth lights that can be wired to the light circuit..i have a double light switch in the kitchen... one works the main light and another works ceiling leds.... there is spare cable that's comes from the leds under the kitchen cabinets....it must have been under cabinet lighting at some point but now it's blanked off and its this cable that i want to hook the new leds onto..... most I've seen on ebay have plugs on them

Sponsored Links
most of the cheaply sets have wall warts, but you could have a socket for them to plug in to for these lights. I have mine hidden under the plinth!

Thanks...... an ebay seller said i could wire the spare cable to a socket then plug the lights into the socket....it doesn't quite sound right to me but is this possible

Thanks...... an ebay seller said i could wire the spare cable to a socket then plug the lights into the socket....it doesn't quite sound right to me but is this possible

yes as long as there is a 3 amp fused box first, and then the socket, incase anyone plugs something they shouldnt at any point in the distant future

Sponsored Links
It will be fine if that is running off the lighting circuit. Mark the socket “lighting only” in case someone plugs in a hot tub or a MIG welder.

If they are going to insist on putting so many things on wall warts, then they have to expect 13amp sockets to be put on lighting circuits.

Although I prefer not to do it, sometimes there is so little practical choice other than to do it.

In these cases I tend to put the socket somewhere discreet, I also go to the trouble of getting them engraved with 'lighting only' etc if it really bugs me, which fortunately is very very seldom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back