Kitchen plinth lights LED to mains feed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i would like to install a set of kitchen plinth lights but am confused as to whether or not LED transformers can be wired straight into the mains or does it have to be plugged in to a socket. I have exsisting mains feed which used to turn on under cupboard lighting and would like to connect them to this so that they come on when i flick the light switch (as the under cupboard lights are wired into a double gang switch), help appreciated , if not has anyone seen LED plinth lights that can be wired straight to mains?, phil

Sponsored Links
Technically there is no reason why you should not be able to connect the transformers to the lighting circuit (might need a fused spur unit if manufacturer specs a 3A fuse), the only problem with this is legally if you live in England or Wales it is a notifiable task under part P.
On the other hand if they plug in and are a prefabricated kit connected by plug/socket connectors then afaict they are not notifiable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back