LED transformed plinth lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can the following be done?

I have a 3g light plate in the kitchen of which 1g is not used. I want to use this spare to switch the plinth lights on and off but realize there is no neutral here so would the following work ? ...

Fused spur off the kitchen ring main to a suitable location
Wire in the transformer to the fused spur
Cut the wire of the transformer on the supply side to the led lights and wire this into the 3g light switch
Then wire the other half of the cut wire to the 3g switch and plug into the led as normal.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
The transformer would forever be on, unless you switch it of at the f spur.

Why not run the load side of the f spur to the transformer and via a extra terminal interrupt the Live send it up to the switch and back down on a bit of TE with brown sleeve on the blue to show it's not a neutral, it's a switched live.

Correct me if im wrong here?

So essentially I would be switching the transformer on and off and hence the lights, using the light switch which is interrupting the flow of power from the fused spur?

Ah well 60 odd views and one reply , I guess all the sparks are on holiday. Thanks for the one reply I did get

Sponsored Links
Correct me if im wrong here?

So essentially I would be switching the transformer on and off and hence the lights, using the light switch which is interrupting the flow of power from the fused spur?

Correct.

LNE to transformer input, L interrupted and sent up the TE to the switch, switched live sent from the switch (blue core with brown sleeve) to the L terminal of the transformer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back