Turning up heat on our Baxi 105e central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone inform me how to turn up the central heating heat on our Baxi 105e boiler

Thank you

Kindest regards
officegirl

Sponsored Links
The left hand knob is the reset selector knob the next one on the right of it and to right of the lights is the central heating temp control knob , this one decides how hot the radiators get, turn it clockwise until it is near the extreme position. the rads should get hot enough so that you can only hold them for 3 seconds.

Hello petertheplumber Thank you very much for your reply, the lefthand knob onlt turns half way round

officegirl

you mean the second to last on the right. there is a tapered black line round the outside and a mark shaped like a very squashed O on the handle the mark on the handle should be pointing down and to the clockwise right to nearly 9 o'clock.

Sponsored Links
the radiators are not very hot at all, you can place your hand on the radiators, and leave it, without being burnt, they are just cool.

How many rads have you got, and to save waiting for a reply, can you try turning off 2 or 3 or even 4 and see how hot the rads get. are there any rads getting hot are are they all the same? what is the temperature hand hot wise of the flow and return pipes? 1 on extreme left is flow, 1 on extreme right is return which should be the same temp as the rads.

Get them back, it needs the pcb removing and the central heating knob turning into the correct position and putting back.
Engineer was obviously too busy that day to check it was installed correctly!

The clue was " left had knob only turns half way " simples!
( I did it once btw.... Least I'm not the only one!
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back