TV and remote control...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to determine from the insides of a TV, by looking at the AV board perhaps, to determine what type of IR control would be needed to control the TV?

My example, I got 2 *broken* identical TVs (but no remotes), and managed to make one working set from the parts from both, after recapping the power board, and switching a good inverter from the set with a smashed LCD panel to the other set who's panel was in much better shape, intact at least.

I managed to get a scan of the manual directly from Beko, and I can see remotes on eBay that look like the one pictured in the manual, but notice that there are a few different model numbers of remotes that look similar.

I did try a universal remote, and with one code, I get a lot of the functions (numbers, directions, menu, etc), and another Beko code had a button (#4) mapped to the TV<->PC switching button, but no others, but I'm still missing other functions, like picture format changing, and to access the menu when in PC mode (with is something I need to access).

Sponsored Links
Unlikely. The code set will likely be burned in to a generic EEPROM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back