TV Ariel Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone I'm just after some thoughts and advice as within the next few months im going to be upgrading the external ariel on the roof

Currently I cannot pick some freeview Channels, this is because (im assuming) birds have damaged the ariel on the roof, my next door neighbour can pick up all the Channels, and we are in Direct line (more or less) from the transmitter.

Im looking to get that replaced, and this is what I also want to do

I would like the 1st antenna installed on the chimney stack on the roof in replacement of the existing one, to take the signal into the living room (no problem really)

I would like a second Ariel Installed on the same pole on the chimney stack, so this can go into the bedroom ( we did this at my parents house onto the loft antenna and then ran a cable from it through the ceiling to my bedroom)

Im only going to pay a installer because I don't want to clamber about on the roof as the existing ariel is a external one.

Im gessing the ariel the installer puts in will be bog standard one (the one my planned installer has put in next door is just a small ariel) but im really fussy about reception esp on analogue and I like a perfect picture, so is there any advantage of me getting a bigger antenna (not nesscarly a high gain one)?

Am i right in saying that its better to have two sperate antenna's as apposed to somehow setting up a splitter from the one ariel (im guessing this is what he is going to suggest because he might consider it easier to do) but i prefer to have a dedicated ariel for each television.

Many Thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
One decent quality aerial and a distribution box would probably be more cost effective.

One decent quality aerial and a distribution box would probably be more cost effective.

thats how they did it then and still do it now, take any well known shop that sells tv's they have lots, all working, but you dont see a roof full of aerials

Yes.
However have you noticed that a lot of the TV's in well known electrical stores have rubbish pictures. Why do they do this when they are trying to sell them. :(

Sponsored Links
Yes.
However have you noticed that a lot of the TV's in well known electrical stores have rubbish pictures. Why do they do this when they are trying to sell them. :(
Because they only have one aerial and they're idiots, same reason they leave the colour settings etc as factory standard. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back