TV Ariel - no plug - wire looks odd

Sponsored Links
Next to the orange ...
What I was saying was that, on the basis of what little I can see, either or both of those might be orange - it's not even impossible that one is orange/white and the other one white/orange.

However, on the basis of that photo, nothing can be more than guesswork/speculation ... and nor does it matter, since the one thing which is blatantly obvious is that that is not a cable from the OP's loft aerial.

Kind Regards,

I doubt it's the modern coloured phone wire with orange/white white/orange.

one could be a brown

Good guesses , I do wonder why people argue amongst themselves what something could be when it could be simply solved by asking the op to strip off some of the outer sheath to expose the colours and asking him to trace the cable.

Failing that there's always the previous resident or landlord.......

It could also be 6 core alarm cable....

Sponsored Links
I doubt it's the modern coloured phone wire with orange/white white/orange.
So do I - in view of things being said, I merely pointed out what else was 'possible'.

However, as I wrote, it's a totally irrelevant discussion as far as the OP is concerned, since the one thing which is totally clear, and about which we are all agreed, relates to what the cable clearly ISN'T.

Kind Regards, John

Good guesses , I do wonder why people argue amongst themselves what something could be when it could be simply solved by asking the op to strip off some of the outer sheath to expose the colours and asking him to trace the cable.
... maybe because, as I've written above, although 'the argument' could probably be 'simply solved' (certainly to the extent of identifying the colours of the cores) in the matter you describe, such a 'solution' would be of absolutely no help to the OP - since there is no argument about what the cable "isn't".

Kind Regards, John

... maybe because, as I've written above, although 'the argument' could probably be 'simply solved' (certainly to the extent of identifying the colours of the cores) in the matter you describe, such a 'solution' would be of absolutely no help to the OP - since there is no argument about what the cable "isn't".

Kind Regards, John

Correct so why do you continue to discuss a non relevant cable?

It's hardly surprising the op hasn't been back when you're all arguing about a non relevant cable!

Op - quickest way to get your TV sorted is to go outside and starting at the aerial is to trace the cable to its end point , sounds like you will need to move the cable to the telly , drilling through the wall and fitting an outlet plate or running a new cable entirley (of course I'm guessing your TV is next to an outside wall)

If you're not confident doing that then it's a lot less grief getting in an aerial fitter

Correct so why do you continue to discuss a non relevant cable?
I didn't start it. Please also see my reply to you in a different thread about newbies commenting on what goe on in a forum they have just joined.
It's hardly surprising the op hasn't been back when you're all arguing about a non relevant cable! ... Op - quickest way to get your TV sorted is to go outside and starting at the aerial is to trace the cable to its end point..
For what it's worth, I said all that right at the start ...
Thanks. As has been said, that's definitely not an aerial cable - probably telephone, or possibly data or 'signal'. You might have to try to trace the true areial cable down from the loft to discover where it goes.

Kind Regards, John

Yes but you said loft and the op clearly said it's on the roof

Oh and for what it's worth I don't care if you're bothered about me commenting about what goes on in a forum or not

OLD BT.jpg

Here is 2 pair minus black and white wires. It was old BT. (Egg on face)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back