TV Booster Powered from Lighting Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hopefully an easy one for people of your caliber.

A short while ago a TV ariel man fitted a new ariel to the roof and a four way TV booster in the loft to supply the telly's.
I have just had a look at what hid did and to power the booster, he cut off the moulded plug and wired the live and neutral into the light switch in the loft. (No Earth Fitted to the booster.)

I have been replacing the old bakelite switches, and to tidy up the loft I fitted a junction box and have wired the new switch/lamp and TV booster from that. Thinking about it the TV booster will have no fuse as the plug was cut off. Should I put a three pin socket in the loft powered from the junction box and fit a plug, (or a fused connection unit?), or is it OK as it is?

Your advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
lighting circuits are normally fed from a 6A MCB so there isnt too much of a problem, but a 3A FCU should still have been used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back