TV/Sat/FM Triplexers - noticeable negative impact on signal?

but as the CT63 is fairly small you may still get both legs down the conduit as well as the CT100 and the cat5

I'm wondering that too, but when you physically look at what needs to go down the conduit with all these together, it looks like it's going to be tight. Possible though... However, this would cause me a bit of a problem at the wall-plate - the MK wall-plate "triplexer+additional F-connector" module takes both a single TV/FM/Sat combined cable and a standalone Sat cable. If I have a further standalone connection this won't be suitable, so I'll have to look at creating a custom connection module out of a blank and some sockets. It's a bit hard to explain, but essentially the triplexer+additional F-connector module, together with two RJ45 modules, would fill up the modular double wall-plate nicely, anything else is going to be a bit awkward for that amount of connections...

Sponsored Links
but as the CT63 is fairly small you may still get both legs down the conduit as well as the CT100 and the cat5

I'm wondering that too, but when you physically look at what needs to go down the conduit with all these together, it looks like it's going to be tight. Possible though... However, this would cause me a bit of a problem at the wall-plate - the MK wall-plate "triplexer+additional F-connector" module takes both a single TV/FM/Sat combined cable and a standalone Sat cable. If I have a further standalone connection this won't be suitable, so I'll have to look at creating a custom connection module out of a blank and some sockets. It's a bit hard to explain, but essentially the triplexer+additional F-connector module, together with two RJ45 modules, would fill up the modular double wall-plate nicely, anything else is going to be a bit awkward for that amount of connections...

i think that number of modules will not fit in the frame as the triplexer is a double and the others are singles and i think that you will only get four on a plate. if you have the wall space could you fit two four module plates and spread the tv, fm, two sat and two cat5 across six modules and have two spare
have another look at the satcure site and their page on wall plates and the fact that you can fit two sat f connectors on a single blank plate

think that number of modules will not fit in the frame as the triplexer is a double and the others are singles and i think that you will only get four on a plate.

The triplexer is a double, but the version I'm looking at also includes a standalone F-connector. It's this one (further down from the one I linked to at the very start of this thread):

MK's K5854-DAB (second from the right):
http://www.electrika.com/products/m/man-0290/pdfcat/mk-06-107.pdf

I've already checked with MK and, contrary to appearance, it really is a triplexer with an additional standalone F-connector - the "Sat 2" is independent.

That and two single RJ45 Cat5e connectors fully populate the double frame I already have, and in quite a neat way... No room for any further back-boxes, and I'd like to stick with the MK range as it matches a nearby mains double socket (and the other stuff in my house).

Sponsored Links
Well...it's taken me a while to get round to install this, and now I have some issues.

In a nut-shell, I have shot-gun cable running from two outputs on my satellite dishes quad LNB. One run of this goes direct to an F-connector socket on a wall-plate in my lounge. The other goes into a Labgear quadplexer in the loft along with my TV aerial output - this combined signal then goes via WF100 to an MK triplexer on the lounge wall-plate (I'm not currently using the FM/DAB side of the quadplexer). So: I have two satellite dish outputs on my face-plate - one direct and one via the triplexer - and an aerial output, via the triplexer.

Now the issue...my TV DVB-T signal, for some channels, takes a nose dive in quality if the satellite output from the triplexer is connected up at the same time. This seems to impact some, but not all, channels. For example:

Using the signal Strength/Quality monitor on my TV (although I know the values hare are a bit arbitrary) if I'm watching ITV2 on DVB-T with the combined satellite output disconnected then I have Strength 73% and Quality 72% - all is well. However...if I connect up the combined satellite output too then the ITV2 Strength stays at around 73%, but the Quality drops to 1-4% and, unsurprisingly, I get a loss of signal. If I disconnect the combined satellite output then it all pops back up again. However, channels such as BBC1 seem to be OK - I get Strength 68% Quality 100% with/without the combined satellite output connected.

My TV aerial isn't great by any means - it's (probably) 20 years old; 99% of the time is fine, even split amongst two twin-tuner PVRs, but (a) we do lose the signal sometimes with snow etc., and (b) Strength/Quality was never 100% across all multiplexes even before the introduction of the quadplexer... I have a replacement aerial ready to go up, but I guess I'm a bit shocked that I'm seeing such a plunge in current DVB-T reception as soon as the combined satellite output comes into play.

Any ideas? Am I just seeing the effect of a poor TV aerial that may be OK outside of the quadplexer, but gets shown up when an additional satellite signal comes into combination with it?[/u][/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back