TV & satellite reception

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved my sky dish because of tree interference. Result excellent picture on HDMI on main tv. No reception on second tv(via tvLINK). Reception previously on Analogue channel 6 on both tvs. as well as HDMI on main tv. The reception on the analogue 6 channel, on both tvs, is nearly covered by interference now. I have not altered anything other than the satellite dish. Have I pointed it to the wrong satellite? or is there something else I should do?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have typed what you mean then you've said you have Sky reception OK but it's just the RF out to the other TVs that doesn't work. If so then the satellite alignment is fine, you just need to check your wiring from the aerial output.

Thanks Chris for your reply. I don't think I explained the problem clearly, also there is another twist (at para three).
Neither TVs show a reasonable picture if I use the analogue 6 channel but, only the main TV gives a perfect picture if using the HDMI channel (the second TV using this channel remains blank).
However, if I disconnect the Analogue ariel then the channel 6 picture on both TVs is fine.
If I do this to get a satisfactory satellite picture it means that DVB is no longer available as this comes via the analogue ariel.
What I realy don't understand is why the problem has only occured since moving the satellite dish.

I have not altered anything other than the satellite dish.

You should have unplugged the (unknown make/model) Digibox before touching any connections.

Assuming that you did do that then it will have had time to cool down, which would show up any dormant PSU problem.

Just a guess but is it a Thomson DSi8215 ?
If so then you need to repair the internal PSU.

If that's not it, then you omitted to tell us something. Clearly something has changed - maybe the wiring layout, connections? Have you mixed up RF1 and RF2? Is there a SkyLink compatible amplified splitter in circuit or wall plates? Has the Digibox RF output channel number changed?

Sponsored Links
Hi, thank you for your reply and questions. As I am a total novice perhaps it would be better if I explained my actions in sequential order.
1. My main TV is a Panasonic withTV/AV button on remote. Prior to my alteration I have been able to obtain satellite reception on AV HDMI and channel 6 on Analogue. My second TV(a similar Panasonic) has received the picture via tvLINK on channel 6.
2. Because of tree shadow I moved the Satellite dish and realigned it with the help of my wife looking at the main TV and passing info via telephone.
3. The picture reception is now perfect on HDMI on the main TV but there is no picture on HDMI on the second TV.
4. The picture via analogue channel 6 has interference on both TVs. I then used the auto set up on the TV. but produced no change.
5. After some webb looking I found Sam Redford site which suggested disconnecting the Analogue arial. This has worked as far as the satellite reception on channel 6 but has left me without both analogue and DVB broadcasts.
6. At no stage have any connections been touched except the analogue arial.

My Sky box is an Amstrad Model DRX890, there is no splitter or wall plate in the tvLINK connection

You won't get a picture on the second TV via HDMI because there's no connection from the HDMI out of the satellite box to the HDMI input on TV2.

The simple answer to the Ch6 interference might simply be to move the Sky box RF channel to another frequency.

This is from the Sky+HD Help Forum:

4. RF Outlets

Here you can adjust the RF outlets or aerial out connections on the back of your STB:

RF Channel Number. Can be set from 21 through to 69 and changes the frequency the Sky channels are sent through the aerial cable at. This is usually only adjusted where you have interference from a VCR or terrestrial channel.
RF outlet power supply. This turns the 9v power supply on for RF out 2. If you box has a single RF outlet it may also support this. The 9v supply is required to power TV links and also gamepad receivers. If all you are connecting is an aerial cable leave it set to off.
LINK

To access the hidden installer menu do this:

1) Press Services on your Sky remote.
2) Press 0
3) Press 0
4) Press 1
5) Press Select

Yep , thanks to Chris and Sam my problem has been solved . Thanks again. The channel change did it.
Ian H :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back