tv/ sky picture

J

johnmf

ive just had sky + installed and would like a little advice over the picture.

the actual quality is very good but ive noticed where as with the terestrial/aerial feed i get a little border at the top and bottom of the screen but with my sky channels i dont on most channels.

by this i mean the picture fills the whole screen and spills over the sides on the left and right meaning i lose a little of the picture.

ive tryed altering the picture on the sky box and the tv (i.e changing to 4:3 and 16:9) but this either makes no difference or sets the tv up as though it is widescreen (which it isnt)

my question is, is there a way to correct this or am i really needing a widescreen tv. my existing tv is about 16 by 12.

regards.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like u should have it on 16:9, and albeit you dont have the border top and bottom, you wont be losing much left and right if at all. Its better having a widescreen, but not essential.

Err one of the probs with having a 4:3 tv I'm afraid, widescreen telly's the only total solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back