tv volume truning up to max on its own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an lgle5300 which has started playing up, As soon as its switched on the volume is rising up to max and the power switch is flashing white.

Any ideas how to fix or at the least how to disconnect the tv buttons so that only the remote controls the volume. i tried disconnecting the board behind the buttons but not made a difference.

Sponsored Links
The first steps I'd take are to identify if this is some internal problem with the TV or it's being triggered from something in the room. It may sound a bit simplistic, but sometimes a remote control can have a button stuck in that means it's transmitting all the time.

The way to eliminate it as a possibility is to block the IR receiver on the front of the TV. People think of black electrical tape when this sort of thing is suggested, but not all tapes are able to block infrared unless a few layers are applied. Greetings cards though, they can be like a lead wall to Superman's X-ray vision :D

Depending on the make and model of your mobile phone, you might have a handy IR emitter detector. A lot of phone cameras pick up the IR signals that we can't see with the naked eye. The exceptions are some of the later versions of the iPhone. They have an IR filter to block out reception.

As long as you have a phone that picks up IR, then start by standing near the TV with your back to the screen, and have the camera facing in to the room. If there's a remote stuck between the cushions of the sofa, and it's beaming IR, then the camera will pick up the signal as a blue/purple flashing light.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

Sponsored Links
managed to fix it but no idea how. Must of been some dust. I took the button panel out gave it all a good clean and voila.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back