Two rads not working ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 4 bed semi. No recent works carried out. But I did remove a rad in the Summer, to decorate the hall stairs and landing areas.

Boiler is a WB 24 CDi.

Just recently 2 upstairs bedroom rads stopped heating up at all. I have felt the pipes and they are cold too ?

All the other rads heat up fine ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete. That's what I thought, but I just get water out, no air. Do you think I could have an air lock further back in the pipework ?

If I just draw out the water into a jug or something, then I suppose I would eventually get the air, right ?

Ok, now double check that the flow and return valves are both open on the two rads and that one you removed when you did the painting.

Sponsored Links
Yes mate, they are all open. The one I removed was downstairs in the hall.

Close off all other rads bar one of the two and see if you can get it working using the concentrated pressure from the pump. Then try the other. If they work, Then go back to opening others one at a time and see if they all remain working. If not the system needs rebalancing.

Hi dilalio. Sorry mate, no been on here for a while. I spoke to a mate at work and he suggested that the TRV's might be stuck closed after the summer and that's what the problem was !! I managed to free them up and everything works a treat now. Thanks for your help mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back