two short questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two questions really, the 1st is regarding dot and dab. Basically I've got some that has popped off the wall, what's the easiest way to fix this? I thought of either drill and fix with washers or drilling a hole and using no nails or simillar to adhere it again.

The second is regarding render bead, what's the best way to fix it... Do you use masonary nails with small washers or can you use sand and cement with some multi finish added to it so it sets quicker?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've got two questions really, the 1st is regarding dot and dab. Basically I've got some that has popped off the wall, what's the easiest way to fix this? I thought of either drill and fix with washers or drilling a hole and using no nails or simillar to adhere it again.

The second is regarding render bead, what's the best way to fix it... Do you use masonary nails with small washers or can you use sand and cement with some multi finish added to it so it sets quicker?

Thanks

Easiest way to fix it would be 'nailable plugs', drill a hole and knock them in. remember that you will have to now use enough fixings to hold the full board in, not just where it is loose, in case it fails elsewhere.

You can cut a hole and glue it, if easier for you.
---------------

Never put any kind of gypsum plaster outside, it is not designed for wet conditions.
Why do you need to set it quicker?
You can fix them first with the nails then butter them with render.

Remember in theory you cannot mix stainless and galvanised materials , as they will have an elecrtolytic reaction in the render, although I have never actually heard or seen this happen!

thanks for the reply, sorted that. Now I've got a wall to render. what's the best way to fix the corner beading and is this normally done before the scratch coat or afterwards?

Sponsored Links
you could use dot and dab adhsive to stick your beads on the day before or mix with dirty water and it will go off quicker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back