fitting beading - best practise..

Hi All,
had bought two of the mesh type, see below attempts at stapleing into place. In a few places it's still possible to push the bead further onto the corner, not sure if this will be an issue, perhaps the plaster holds it all in place. Generally its all pretty much level. As I've only bought 2 of these beads, perhaps should opt for the solid frame type such as screfix;

<http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17010/Building/Drylining-Plasterers-Bead/Internal-Drywall-Plasterers-Beads-2mm-x-2-5m-Pack-of-5#>

View media item 1577 View media item 1579 View media item 1583
thanks again.
KS
ps currently only getting perhaps half a day a week towards this project, the wife keeps complaining I'm spending too much time on it as it is. :mad:

Sponsored Links
The beads you have on are standard angle plaster beads,they are usually bedded on with plaster and plumbed up, and are normally for putting onto brick or blockwork corners. (ie. a much thicker coat.) The ones that normally go onto plasterboard corners are "thin coat beads" (the rigid ones), or "mini mesh", a much smaller version of what you have on. I can't say how you will get on with them in your particular job, because i've never used them in a thin coat situation, and although they look ok from here, it might be awkward to cover the thick mesh with a thin coat. It's not for me to say really, but I would replace them for the rigid ones, they're made for that particular type of job, they're sturdy and once fixed in place, wont move, and for all they cost, it'll be worth it. You can get them from most sheds and builders merchants, they come in 2.4 mtr, and 3 mtr lengths.

Roughcaster.

If you put a straight edge across your beads you will see what roughcaster means about a thicker coat. You can still use these but you would have to build them out alittle to take the skim coat. So maybe as RC says it would be easier to replace them with thin coat beads....the beads you have used are ideal if you are floating the wall out before you skim but not usually used on plaster-board....

Thanks all. I only stapled on so will get them off and look around for the right ones.., I didn't realise these weren't the ones, I don't think I've seen many of the smaller mesh version about, need to take a closer look. ta
KS

Sponsored Links
2.4m lengths at B&Q for £1.18 each; all 3 of my local builders merchants want well over £4 each for the same product!

http://www.allmat.co.uk/downloads/Angle-Bead.pdf

The one you’ve got is on the left, the one you want is on the right; both solid & mesh types shown! You could stick with them but I think you’ll make life a lot easier if you for the correct beads.

Thanks Richard, I'll change for the type you recommend, have seen them in B&Q. Initially I tought perhaps I had a choice of plaster thickness say 3 or 5mm, but gather 3mm skim is the norm on pb. I liked the look of the mesh at the time :LOL:
Things are slowing down on the project, if I get it done before winter then I've succeeded.., keeps the family happy. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back