Two way switch - help before wife kills me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So have a two way switch thing in my kitchen extension. One is a dimmer but with these new LED lightbulbs, it causes pulsing and flickering.

"I know, I'll change it to a standard switch."

Ha.

The lights work, they just can't be turned off.

See attached image - I can't take the other switch out to check how it's rigged as it'll wreck the tiling.

Wife is trying to bake for a party tomorrow by headtorch.

Help appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
As I stood, staring at this switch with my chin in my hand, my wife made the smartarse comment of: "You look like you're at NASA and you're trying to send that ****er into space."

Now I shall mock her. :)

Sponsored Links
Or yellow and blue wrong

........... Bugger.

Will anything blow up if I get it the wrong way round?

On which note, the picture is sideways on, so yellow is at the top. Although I'm sure everyone knew that. Bar me.

Fixed. Red and yellow wrong way round.

I love coming here with my special moments. You guys are superb.

Cheers!

So have a two way switch thing in my kitchen extension. One is a dimmer but with these new LED lightbulbs, it causes pulsing and flickering.

If you want to keep a dimmer you need to get a trailing edge dimmer. From memory they work for up to 50w or 10 lamps, with a minimum on 10w. That will stop the flickering of the lights. :)

If you want to keep a dimmer you need to get a trailing edge dimmer. From memory they work for up to 50w or 10 lamps, with a minimum on 10w. That will stop the flickering of the lights. :)

Well, its a low-watt dimmer you need, not a trailing edge dimmer per se.
Standadr dimmers need a load of at least 40watts to work properly. Also the LEDs need to be dimmer able.
Something like THESE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back