Tyewraps at eye-level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me or is anyone else peeed off by tyewraps used to fix notices to posts being left with the redundant pointy bit sticking out at eye-level?

This even applies in southern Oxfordshire to official planning notifications. Have the people putting them up not heard of scissors or other snippers to remove the public menace? Do they not do risk assessment or think ahead? It may seem like 'PC gone mad' but you only need to have had one poke in the face from such a piece of sharp inflexible plastic to realise the danger?

Would it be a public service in the interests of preventing accidental blindness in passers-by to remove each notice and return it to the perpetrator?

I feel a campaign coming on...

Sponsored Links
Well my pet hate is kerbstones, always higher than the road, a definite tripping hazard.

Kerbstones tend to be permanent, linear devices with a defined position relative to the pavement/road interface. Hence easily anticipated and negotiated.

I do accept that it is possible to fall off one when blinded after walking into a near-invisible tyewrap pointing straight at you. It would be such a shame to be run over as a result.

Mind how you go.

Kerbstones tend to be permanent, linear devices with a defined position relative to the pavement/road interface. Hence easily anticipated and negotiated.

I do accept that it is possible to fall off one when blinded after walking into a near-invisible tyewrap pointing straight at you. It would be such a shame to be run over as a result.

Mind how you go.

Only other hazard is trying to walk home a***holed!

Sponsored Links

Mind how you go.

No, there is another hazard - driving home whilst a***holed. Sometimes, the kerbs are the only things stopping me mounting the pavements!

Mind how you go.

No, there is another hazard - driving home whilst a***holed. Sometimes, the kerbs are the only things stopping me mounting the pavements!

yeh but i always find a few handily placed pedestrians soon change my course back towards the road.

And what about lamp posts.
Why do they always put them where cars crash into them, why not fit them 50 yards further up the road.

Sponsored Links
Back