U bend's in my pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just replacing a bath - the hot and cold come up through the floor directly beneath where the taps are but rather than have the pipework going straight up to the taps they have too large u bends in them - the come up 3 inches, go off at a right angle for 6 inches, up a further 3 inches and then back across another 6 inches before going up to the taps.

Any one have any idea why that might be? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Copper pipes :?: I know why, if they are copper- because it`s a barsteward to get the angle dead right - If the pipes are first fixed in a house and then bath is second fixed :idea: that is someones way of getting over it :LOL:

They are copper Nige and also the bath was pobably originally fitted a bit before the wonder of flexible hoses. I suppose thinking about it they are slightly off from straight up....they can be removed then :D

Copper pipes :?: I know why, if they are copper- because it`s a barsteward to get the angle dead right - If the pipes are first fixed in a house and then bath is second fixed :idea: that is someones way of getting over it :LOL:

Probably was. Coulda been done by some apprentice who had been getting taught about expansion loops and decided to give it a go :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back