U turn on tobacco packaging.

When I was "preparing" to give up smoking a few years ago, I did a very simple calculation - 20+ years at 20+ a day (you always round up!!) means I'd smoked 150,000+ of these things. Forget the health aspect, forget the money, forget all the other traditional reasons to stop - these are of little relevance to an addict.

Just reflect on that number - 150,000+. It's effing huge!! I'd done something stupid a fraction of a million times.

If anything helps to dissuade anyone else from that route, then it's got to be worth a punt.

Or you could look at it another way, someone who smokes 30+ a day, he surely must be spending some crazy money like well over £10 a day, and that is £300 a month, it is like you buying a brand new laptop each month and putting it straight into your rubbish bin. But of I was to ask a smoker to please buy me a laptop that I would appreciate for the next 5 years, he would simply tell me to heck off! Imagine all that appreciation and praises i would have for him for the next 5 years, I would sing his praises every Sunday!
Really, religious Mike? Tut tut. I should have thought posessions would be very low on your list and you would sing his praises more for praying for you..

Sponsored Links
Or you could look at it another way, someone who smokes 30+ a day, he surely must be spending some crazy money like well over £10 a day, and that is £300 a month, it is like you buying a brand new laptop each month and putting it straight into your rubbish bin.
Money is of relatively little consideration for an addict. There have been times over the years when I had to decide whether to spend my money on food or ciggies. The ciggies won every time.

But of I was to ask a smoker to please buy me a laptop that I would appreciate for the next 5 years, he would simply tell me to heck off! Imagine all that appreciation and praises i would have for him for the next 5 years, I would sing his praises every Sunday!
Ironically, you're giving me a reason to start smoking again - so that I can send all your gratitude up in vitriolic smoke :LOL: :LOL:

Money is of relatively little consideration for an addict.
How true Dex. Look at these drug addicts on heroin and cracked cocaine. Thin as rakes (helps though so they can squeeze through cat flaps to rob the next house to sustain their habit) Don't bother where the next meal is coming from, but always worrying where the next fix is coming from.

Really, religious Mike? Tut tut. I should have thought posessions would be very low on your list and you would sing his praises more for praying for you..

Who said I was religious, I believe in that one God the creator who created everything, and made me with absolutely free will to choose my life the way i wanted to, I have no complaints but only praises for him. If I didn't own a laptop, how else would have I come on line, fink about it. ;)

Sponsored Links

Who said I was religious, I believe in that one God the creator who created everything, and made me with absolutely free will to choose my life the way i wanted to, I have no complaints but only praises for him. If I didn't own a laptop, how else would have I come on line, fink about it. ;)

I am not a religious fanatic, religious fanatics are blind and strayed people, who desperately need some guiding force to bring them on line, be it a nuclear force!

Back