UFH Manifold Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wakened in the early hours by the large upstairs hallway radiator making sloshing/gurgling sound. Being half asleep i just turned it off thinking air etc, but it kept on gurgling so i headed downstairs to the understairs cupboard where the heating manifold and pump are located and instantly smelt the inhibitor.
On opening i found the fluid coming out of one of the lower unused connections. It's a 12 port manifold with the last two being unused, and the cap on one of them which holds the upper pin down was broken releasing the pin and letting the fluid flow out. I've closed of the flow valves, g-clamped the pin down again and switched off the ASHP. On looking at the guilty cap i can't be sure if it was knocked or through time (8 years) it couldn't take the pressure any more. So i should replace them all i'm thinking.
Anyway to the fix. I think i've lost about six litres of fluid and reckon it came out of the upstairs radiator/s and hope that none was lost from the ufh. So i was going to replace the cap and refill the system bleeding the upstairs radiators. Does this sound right? Any suggestions would be much appreciated and i've attached a photo of the set up.

manifold.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard, i was wondering why that wasn't the case. If they had been then i'm sure that this port wouldn't have leaked even with the top pin released.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back