UFH manifolds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody help me with a couple of questions about UFH manifolds? I am currently designing / speccing a new house for me and it would really help to know the following:

1. Assuming that I have one manifold per floor, if I put two of them in the airing cupboard, will this make the airing cupboard nice and toasty or am I likely to have to put a separate heater in the airing cupboard?

2. Can they be installed upside down, i.e. one manifold with the pipe outlets pointing down (for that floor) and one manifold with the pipes pointing up (for the floor above)?

3. Are there particular brands of manifold that people find more reliable / easier to fit than others? What would you put in your own house?

Thanks for your help.

AA

Sponsored Links
Hi,

1. The airing cupboard will be warm and cosy. You will have the pipes, the feeds, pumps and manifolds all warming up for you. How much depends of course on how many loops you will have.

2. It is not recommended that you install them upside down. Just loop them around. If you need a tight turn, use a bending spring so you don't kink them.

3. The ones I use the most are unipipe, (from uponor) and continental. The continental ones are simpler and if you need any support, continental are great but uponor are rubbish.

I would also advice you to get a qualified person to make sure it is all installed correctly. The pipework under your floors is something you do not want get wrong.

good luck.

Lolli

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back