UFH problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old UFH system, a 5 zone manifold downstairs and 3 zone manifold upstairs. Wiring is into ezc 11-8 microcenter.

Last year the Sunvic valve appeared to failed twice and was replaced. Simply put a thermostat called for heat, the manifold pump ran and the boiler fired up. However sometimes the Sunvic valve opened and sometimes it didn't. The obvious problem being if the valve didn't open the pump was circulating cool water around the floor and the room never got warm enough to switch off the pump and boiler. I turned the valve on manually to solve the problem.

This year and the same fault appears to have reappeared but again it is intermittent and i am think has a third valve really failed?

Had a look at the wiring today and both the pump and Sunvic valve are wired separately into a junction box which is then wired into the microcenter, presumably so they are easily replaced if they fail, but tracing the wires to the microcentre is difficult. The microcentre has a PUMP and DEM labeling. However i could not get a voltage reading off either with the pump running !!

Could someone please answer a couple of questions.

1. Why do i need the Sunvic valve when each zone has a actuator on the manifold?
2. Can the Sunvic valve not be removed and the flow left open? I cant work out the point of the valve.
3. Is it safe to move the DEM wiring into the PUMP wiring - i am thinking the DEM (relay?) is faulty.

I could swap the Sunvic valve with the one on the other manifold to see if they both work swapped....

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back