UFH / Pug Screed & Engineered Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice on my ufh install in the new extension.

The floor is suspended so after some research im going with the following setup (which seems to be recommended everywhere):

Joists are battoned out, 100mm celotex dropped in, 25mm batton on the top of the joists, ufh pipes (wet) laid on the celetox, then a 8:1 pug screed to levelled off at the top of the baton.

All this im ok with, ive done all the batoning, insulating and will be laying the ufh and screed in the next week or two.

What im wondering is: How long does the pug screed need to dry before laying flooring? and also as we are going to be using engineered oak flooring, will it be ok just straight on top of the pug screed?

Im wondering how hard/dry the pug screed actually gets? as don't wanna mess up the flooring and lay too soon etc.

Sponsored Links
Pug screed is a dry mix so wont take long to dry out. You need to put board over the screen and screw to the batons. Most effective would be something like hardie floor but chipboard would do it will just effect the ufh slightly. The screed doesn't need to get hard as its only there to spread the heat.

thanks for the reply. Is the chipboard really needed? I've never seen anyone ever mention overboarding in my research, was hoping to be able to lay straight on top of the screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back