Plate Heat Exchanger calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some UFH which is only 7m2.

The UFH heating consists of a suspended wooden floor, 50mm celotex between joists, pex-al-pex 16mm pipe 200mm apart filled with 25mm screed to top of joists. self levelled and then 22mm engineered oak glued down with sika bond. The UFH is a single loop with its own mixer, pump and stat.

The water temp from the other circuit is 65 degrees C.

To cut a long story short, i need to know what size plate heat exchanger i would need to heat the floor only. Or what would you suggest.

Dont worry about how its connected, thats not what im looking for.

Or could you please point me into the right direction as to where i could find out.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
sorry I'll change that to 65 degrees.

I just need to work out the best size for a plate heat exchanger to heat the 7m2 of UFH when the water temp is 65 degrees of another circuit.

The UFH is a single loop with its own mixer, pump and stat

And

i need to know what size plate heat exchanger i would need to heat the floor only

Why a heat exchanger? Is that not what the pump is mixer is fitted for?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your responses

its a very long story which i really dont want to go into.

I just need to know either what would be the best size heat exchanger for the situation or failing that, how i can work out heat loss from the floor and heating requirements for the floor.

Cheers

I have UFH of area 7m2 as above.

I have a circuit with a constant water temp of 65 degrees C

the simple question is.

What would be the best size heat exchanger to heat to the single UFH circuit ?

Regardless of where the heat source is coming from and how its connected.

Send the primary & secondary flow rates, the 4 design /peak flow and return temperatures and the heat transfer to the manufacturers and they'll size it and send you the data sheet for the best match.

You do have all those data, don't you?

Send the primary & secondary flow rates, the 4 design /peak flow and return temperatures and the heat transfer to the manufacturers and they'll size it and send you the data sheet for the best match.

You do have all those data, don't you?

Yes, thankyou very much, Thats all i needed to know.

Of course the OP would have all the data , how else would he expect an answer. :rolleyes:

Can you give us some date?

its a very long story which i really dont want to go into.

Cheers

Dont tell the OP, but he seems seriously likely to overheat the UFH with his plate HE!

But then he thinks that he knows best!

Even down to underheating 22 mm engineered oak !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back