Flooring with joisted UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm hoping someone can help I'm having a right nightmare.

I've got a suspended jousted floor. UFH heating guy has placed celotex between the joists and then a dry mix over the pipes. The screed finishes level with the joists.

Builder has then laid 12mm OSB ( very badly)

The flooring guy will lay 6mm ply and then vinly flooring on top of this.

My question is, the 12mm osb , can I lay 18mm instead or will this be too thick as it will have another 6mm ontop.

In some places there are no joists but solid floor. The builder has had to glue the floor here but not very well and it's a bit bouncy and loose on the edges. How can I secure the floor here, what glue should be used as there are UFH pipes

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an ideal situation for 12 mm cement boards screwed to joists & layed on a system adhesive over concrete ?
Moreso if you plan to scrap the OSB.

Sponsored Links
Also .... they usually have a much lower thermal resistance and higher thermal conductivity than wood and are normally water proof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back