UFH in Cupboard Under Stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fully operational 2-zone wet UFH system in the ground floor of my house. Suspended floor with PIR boards between joists, pipe laid on top in a S&C biscuit screed.

Builder ran the flow and return for one of the zones under the joists of the cupboard under the stairs. The stairs go across the house left to right. Old victorian 2-up-2-down.

Before I lay the engineered wood floor, I'm debating whether to move these pipes above the joists and heat the floor of the cupboard like the rest of it, or whether it's better to just lag them and leave them underneath. Wondering whether it's a good idea to heat an enclosed cupboard like that or if it would just be a waste of heat. Maybe it would help keep the timbers warm and dry, preventing decay. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If you ever use it as an airing cupboard, a bit of heat is useful.
If you ever use it as a larder, you want it cool if possible.

If the pipes are below the PIR, make sure they are well insulated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back