UFH sticky flowmeters

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I have a couple of quick questions regarding my flowmeters on my uponor UFH system that I couldn't seem to find answered elsewhere on forum so I thought I would post to see if any experts have a bit of insight.

My manifold is uponor and the flowmeters are part number 1013004. I have 12 loops. I have flushed each one with cold water and replaced all the flow meters with new ones. I have repressurised the system and made sure to bleed any air. I have run the heating for half an hour and there are no leaks and I can feel heat going into each loop. So all good so far.

So I'm at the stage where I want to rebalance the meters to correct flow however some of the meters when I open and close them fully I'm not getting a smooth movement of the float/pin/valve with one being stuck altogether and a couple show only a small movement. (I did this When heating was on and all loops open)

Question 1.

Should I remove the problem meters and clean out the top of the loop pipes with a toothbrush or something to make sure there is no gunk stopping the action of the meter? Or is there something else I should check?

Question 2.

Supposing I solve the above problem and want to balance meters should I open each loop individually with flow going to each one in turn and balance them one by on in that manner? Or do I open all 12 and so flow is going to them all and then adjust them to the correct balance?

Thanks very much in advance!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back