UK only formally asked Turkey for PPE shipment help on Sunday - after telling Britons it was on its

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...er-it-said-it-was-already-on-its-way-11976238

Britain only made a formal request to Turkey over a consignment of personal protective equipment on Sunday - the day after a cabinet minister announced the "very significant additional shipment" was already heading to the UK, Turkish sources have told Sky News.

Robert Jenrick, the housing secretary, said at the daily Downing Street press briefing on Saturday that 84 tonnes of the gear, including 400,000 urgently needed clinical gowns, would arrive in the UK from Turkey the following day.

So Jenrick has lied?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The purchasers of my company’s services make formal requests to me after all the details including prices, student numbers, courses etc etc have been agreed informally. Often I have to remind them about the formalities after I have started work for them. Many others work like that. What’s your point. Oh, I know, the dirty Turks have gone back on their word.

I just read that 10 minutes ago. I'd like some clarification on who exactly is supplying it. The impression we were given was that Turkey were supplying the gear but seemingly that's not the case.

It failed to materialise, but no explanation for the delay was given.
In fact two sources have told Sky News that no formal request was made to the Turkish authorities - who were not supplying the shipment, but whose help was sought to get it to the UK - until Sunday.

Who is supplying it and why do we need Turkeys help?

The purchasers of my company’s services make formal requests to me after all the details including prices, student numbers, courses etc etc have been agreed informally. Often I have to remind them about the formalities after I have started work for them. Many others work like that. What’s your point. Oh, I know, the dirty Turks have gone back on their word.

Jenrick said they would arrive on Sunday. Which was untrue. The request was made on Sunday not the expected delivery.

After the Turks sent equipment last week.

Your letting your bigotry get ahead of you Mottie. All this helpful nature of yours is for nowt with an attitude like that.

Sponsored Links
What about the Turks

Will they not need it or is it a question of some turk making a few squid out of the crisis

Hiking up the the price and stuff there own population?

What about the Turks

Will they not need it or is it a question of some turk making a few squid out of the crisis

What about the Tory donors and Brexiteers like Odey who are shorting companies like Burberry who have been trying to make gowns. Odey is profiting from the drop in share price of these companies by short selling.

What about the Turks

According to Galahads link the goods are not being supplied by Turkey so I assume they're transiting via Turkey, maybe bearing in mind Turkey are about to enter lockdown they've decided they want to keep the consignment, we've only got half the story at the moment.

What about the Tory donors and Brexiteers like Odey who are shorting companies like Burberry who have been trying to make gowns. Odey is profiting from the drop in share price of these companies by short selling.

So basically your attitude is stuff the turks / foreigners

They can go with out PPE as long as we are all right ;)

It's frequently been noticed that Mottie has an aversion to foreigners.

Well it depends if these foreigners are pinching our bought and paid for kit as it is transitting through there country

Blimey is any thing going through Romania :eek:

The place is like a black hole go's in but does not come out ;)

Plenty of businesses supply without written contracts. Reading that article its hard to find a story that matches the headline. The argument is they were lying about the contract delivery. But the details suggest otherwise.

I suspect they were working at risk and unable to ship until paperwork was in order.

Sometimes you get the question and the answer in the same post, because they are too excited to wait to be asked.

Oh, I know, the dirty Turks have gone back on their word.

let me correct that for you:
"Oh, I know, the dirty Tories have gone back on their word"

it seems what happened is the govt said Sunday to make it sound like more gowns would arrive before they ran out -but they only put the order in on Sunday, surprise surprise 80 odd tons of stuff isnt available on same day delivery.

Sponsored Links
Back