Un level ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a nightmare in my lounge so I'm reaching out for some advice before possibly going down a wrong route again. To cut a long story short... I've had to remove the 4.4 x 4.6m lounge ceiling in order to get rid of an uneven boarded and plastered ceiling.

Now it's all out I can see that some of the joists are not level and some are twisted. I'm not talking a lot but I know that 2-5mm out will create a un level ceiling when the new boards are up.

How would you suggest getting the ceiling level now the ceiling is down please?

I am looking at having furring bars/genie clips fitted followed by 2 sheets of 15mm acoustic board with a layer of tecsound SY70 in between.

Thanks for your help and advice. I'd like to get a joiner round to have a look and have an idea of what options you guys suggest so I know if what he suggests is good.

Sponsored Links
I thought exactly that Roy but then noticed he was using firrings / resilient bars so may as well pack them unless I’m missing something (y)

Sponsored Links
Sister 2x1s alongside the current joists, working from the lowest one, as Roy C suggested; but untreated is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back