Un Vented System Maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an unvented system with, I think from memory, an Ariston tank. My central heating system is 15mm upstairs and micro bore downstairs. the house was built in 1989 and apparently that's what they "did".

The system was installed around 2006 and is working fine with the occasional top up of the pressure vessel to 1 bar.

Question is after 10 years do I need to have any work done on the system such as new anti corrosion anode in the hot water tank ? Does it wear out ? I have BG service on my old Potterton boiler and they fix faults on the overall system but to be fair I've had none on the un vented part mainly the odd tri valve.

Sponsored Links
If it's an unvented cylinder then it should be serviced yearly, at the same time as the boiler. That service should encompass checking all the components of the unvented cylinder.

I know they have done some checks on the system when they visit to service the boiler but on reflection its just been cursory. I'll ask them what their policy is on this before asking for a more detailed service check.

Sponsored Links
Just checked. Boiler service and maintenance is included once a year and it covers all faults on the whole unvented system.... I can't touch it of course anyway. But doesn't mention maintenance as a specific. Might have a word with them to see what they offer. If I have no joy I will contact my local friendly plumber who is registered for unvented

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back