Unable to remove thermo shower valve control tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[GALLERY=media, 84641][/GALLERY]

I have recently tiled a shower enclosure around a Victoria Plumb Matrix square twin valve already fitted into the wall. Picture of valve above (I hope!) I pushed the control taps onto the knurled spindles and secured by screwing the post into the hole in the side of the tap. The problem is that the only temperature is hot or hotter, so the tap needs removing and the knurled spindle turned towards the cold side. The retaining post screws out easily, but the tap will not pull off the spindle. I have emailed Victoria Plumb 'help desk' several times but they were worse than useless, without an account or order confirmation number they refused to pass problem to their technical staff. Can anyone please advise me how to get this control tap off?

Sponsored Links
If the gap is large enough, try applying masking tape to the cover plate (to avoid scratching) then put a flat screwdriver either side of the knob and prise, perhaps moving around, top & bottom, sides, top & bottom etc. Getting a glamorous assistant to wiggle it around a bit may help too.

Huh, turns out that an allen key is required to remove the tap, even though one wasn't used to put it on..... would also be of great help if Victoria Plumb actually supplied instructions....

Sponsored Links
Huh, turns out that an allen key is required to remove the tap, even though one wasn't used to put it on..... would also be of great help if Victoria Plumb actually supplied instructions....

They would only be in Chinese anyway :)

Hi there - I'm having the same problem! I've used an allen key to remove the screw, but the control won't budge. Was there another part that needed to be removed or is the screwdriver the next option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back