Unable to switch off immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hardly ever use immersion hearer but used it to top up hot water a few days ago.
Although i switched it off at switch in airing cupboard, the water is still constantly really hot.
I also turned off boiler heating/water switch but water remains hot as though immersion is still on.
I see in fuse box that there is a switch labelled 'water heater ' , would switching this to off position be a safe alternative way of switching off immersion heater while i wait to get it checked if required by a professional ?
Thank you for any info

Sponsored Links
Yes. An immersion heater should have its own dedicated fuse on the board so assuming it doesn't power anything else then yes it is fine. Does the switch in the airing cupboard have a removable fuse. You could just remove it if so.

Switch'/ fuse spur is faulty. You can switch it off at the fuse board named "water heater"

Remember to switch off power before removing fuse if fitted.

Daniel.

Just another quick question .... if water heater switched off at fusebox , would I still be able to get hot water from central heating system boiler ?
Thank you .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back