Undefloor heating options and insulation - NEED HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give any guidance here.

I have just bought a 1917 3 bed house and have gutted it. We want to put in wet underfloor heating throughout the house.

The floor is currently screeded concrete.

I have had a couple of builders round who have said to remove the existing screed is not that big a job. The area is about 80m2.

They have both said that to remove all the concrete and replace is a big and costly job.

The problem that I have is that the screed removed will only give 50mm of depth. We don't want to lose additional height, certainly no more than an additional 50mm when the insulation, underfloor, screed and tiles have been put in.

Are there any solutions that would allow for this? I think insulation is our main problem. Would love to know of any wet systems that are very shallow. We're looking for a 4 zone system.

Many thanks in advance!
Nathan

Sponsored Links
Stick with rads. 50mm is not enough if you want to relay a screed.

Hi,

You will always struggle to get insulation and screed in 50mm.

You don't need to have screed in some cases, like uponors system 12 (quite expensive), floating floor with heat emission plates (50mm plus tiles).

Continental also have a slim fix system that might suit you.

If I were you I would send them your drawings and see what they come up with.

Lolli

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back