Under attack from slugs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have always shared our home with slugs who only come out at night - I must itterate that they are NOT invited guests!
10 years ago when we moved in the Building Society put a retainer on our mortgage until we had a damp proof course done (injection). We knew no better then and did as we were told.
The house is rendered so (I think) because of this all the holes were drilled from the inside of the house - into the brick.
At the time we were babying, now they are older we are trying to do some work on the house in preparation for extending. Skirting board has been taken off and it seems all the holes are open. Tell tale slug trails seem to eminate from some of the holes and in fact there was one of the buggers on the back of a piece of skirting we removed!!

My question is - is should we fill these holes (think so), and what would be the best thing to fill them with?

Thanks - Sara

Sponsored Links
I didn't think they were supposed to drill right through tthe wall when injecting chemical damp course? How would they keep the pressure..

I don't think they did drill all the way through but there are slug trails coming out of some of the holes so I would rather fill them in - and should they not have been filled in the first place?

S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back