under floor heating pipe arrangement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am having underfloor heating fitted to our conservatory, the floor area is 20 sq m.
Most companies seem to recommend a single heating pipe (12mm i.d.) for the whole room area, nu-heat for some reaosn use a distributor and have four sets of pipe in parallel, obviuosly they can use smaller bore pipe, but is there any major advantage doing it this way, they seem to be the only company who do, and also seem the most expensive, any body got any experience of their equipment?
Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
I expect they are using 10 mm!

But more important than how many loops is the pipe spacing and the heat output per sq m.

Tony

Need to know the construct they are proposing. If LoPro 10 then the centres are 150mm. They like the loops to be no more than 50mm but it will stretch to 60.

I have 11 loops in my ground floor. All between 45 and 49 metres bar 2 dinky ones by the front door and cloakroom.

Sponsored Links
Not with LoPro - you get 4 pipes per traditional 15mm manifold port. They give you JG 1 to 4 adapters and some plugs for the ones you don't use.

But longer loops than 50mm or 60mm I hope!

I'm surprised you're not looking at a cheaper system supplier. Most of these big name companies are a rip off.
Have a good look online for smaller companies, they'll give you just as good advice & design.

thanks for the replies, I suppose the possible advantage of having four loops is that if one ruptures you can isolate it and still have three, however on reflection I think i'll go for the single loop with 12mm bore pipe.
Richardthe3rd: comment noted; I found a small local company with good recomendations so i'll use them.

thanks for the replies, I suppose the possible advantage of having four loops is that if one ruptures you can isolate it and still have three, however on reflection I think i'll go for the single loop with 12mm bore pipe.
Richardthe3rd: comment noted; I found a small local company with good recomendations so i'll use them.

Pleased to hear it & all the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back