under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I would like to install underfloor heating. I have a suspended wooden floor and think running off the central heating is going to be far too much work to install, so have decided to opt for electric under floor heating. Any suggestions for DIY packs? I intend to put a wooden floor on top. Also what insulation should i use?

Sponsored Links
Its expensive to run if you dont have an off peak supply. But you will not have enough thermal storage to use off peak with a wood floor.

I suggest you read the instructions for the suppliers of the electric elements. You will need a lot of underfloor insulation, perhaps a minimum of 150mm and a draught shield if its ground floor.

Also be aware that you may not get enough heat output to warm the room adequately. Your installer needs to calculate the heat loss and compare with the input power. They also take an hour or so to warm up the floor and more to warm the room.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back