under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had underfloor heating fitted in my living room : insulation betwen joists , pipework , screed , caber board and laminate on top.

the temperature is at 29degress on the individual room stat for the underfloor heating : however the heating temp only rises to 21 degrees tops after a long tie of being on.

i am aware taht under floor heating takes a longer time to heat up but the system
but the fact it is not heating up to high temp set on thermostat is causing me concern .

any suggestios or has any had similar experiences ??

cheers

niall

Sponsored Links
I have recently had underfloor heating fitted in my living room : insulation betwen joists , pipework , screed , caber board and laminate on top.

the temperature is at 29degress on the individual room stat for the underfloor heating : however the heating temp only rises to 21 degrees tops after a long tie of being on.

i am aware taht under floor heating takes a longer time to heat up but the system
but the fact it is not heating up to high temp set on thermostat is causing me concern .

any suggestios or has any had similar experiences ??

cheers

niall

Nial, UFH is a radiant heat, so a temperature of 17 ° C will feel like 20-21 ° C, so I'd not be too bothered. While yes you should be able to get the temperature higher, it may be limited by the mixer valve/temperature control.

Sponsored Links
If the floor is cold, I reckon its not working, are there any pipes you can get to & feel?

cheers folks .

i do have access to flow and return pipes which are hot .

1 if my concerns was that teh flooring and laminate were too thick : but laminate is compatibel with ufh and caber board is the basic stuff ,

i have upllifted my laminate and checked the temp coming thru the floor which is poor , the firm who installed it have done a number of things to try and improve including separate room therm , flow and return pipes also direct from boiler.

niall

Where in the city are you mate, PM me if you want one of our Artisans to have a look at it.

check what flow temp is set on the thermostatic mixer valve - may be set too low. also what flow rates are you getting on the manifold. you need at least 1 litre/min.

check what flow temp is set on the thermostatic mixer valve - may be set too low. also what flow rates are you getting on the manifold. you need at least 1 litre/min.

Thanks Joe, what you trying to do?? Put us out of business?? The chancers that fitted it, would of tried that, now's the time to call in the pros!!!.............:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back